Crushing
6:30 PM | Author: NJoy
You know when you just meet someone and there is just something so attractive about them that you want to talk to them more and find out about them? There is something so intriguing about them that you are, to put it basely, attracted: drawn by some unseen force to their presence.

I would call this phenomenon a crush.

Now, there are some who immediately to jump to romantic conclusions over an initial crush like this. In extreme cases this is called Erotomania. In less extreme cases this is childish at best, possibly desperate...etc...

There are many reactions from which to choose when presented with a crush. Mine is nothing like the above.

I value friendship. I love having a strong intricate network/web of relationships, something I'm working on building here in LA. So for me to meet someone and see that instant spark of kindred attraction does not invoke the "romantic daydreaming" reaction. I'm quite open to all possible routs that our relationship may take whether that is a short dead end or a long winding road.

But I reserve romantic inclinations to a time after I've gotten to know this new person. I admit there are times in the past when a crush has been combined with a mutual physical attraction and I have jumped over board... But I like to think that by now I'm more level headed than that as result of learning from past mistakes.

Which brings me finally to my point:

Since moving to LA I have had several opportunities to meet new people. There is a guy who I met recently who had something about him that I knew immediately I wanted to get to know. Now some of my surrounding friends picked up on my interest and moved in attempts at matchmaking that made me feel uncomfortable. I don't want to hook with up him or even make out with him especially after I just met him. (Especially when I just got off work and I'm all smelly and gross.) He just seems nice: a person one ought to know. I am in no way on the prowl. Finally, I would hate for anyone to have the first impression of me being in anyway "thrust upon them."

No no it's all terrible. But I have no worries about it at all.

So I guess this a venting: but also a plead: Please don't throw me on any guy whether I'm attracted or not. It just isn't Natalie.
|
This entry was posted on 6:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: