10:27 PM | Author: NJoy
The Lord is my shepard;
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
Even in the vally of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil.
Your rod and your staff
They comfort me
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies
You annoint my head with oil
My cup overflows
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
~Psalm 23

That's a little something that has been helping me get through the past few weeks here.

It's interesting. The more I read the Psalms the more I realize that David really did not have it easy. I mean he really didn't. He always came out on top holding to his faith, but he was always batteling something. I can identify with that.

***

I had an Audition with "Wild Models" apparently a butique agency. Wasn't really sure what the audition was...it sorta came out of the blue. Anyway they like my look and they want to work with me.

One small-ish snag:
I need a compcard to work...and I don't have one. I do understand that I need it. Their clients are all higher end. The jobs all pay $1000 to $2500 per day, and they make 20% of my pay...so they want me to book the job and that means looking professional when I go in for it.

I don't have enough god photos for them to make a comp card so: I need to get pictures done. They have someone who can do it...for...$850. Ouch!!!!! They need $300 up front to book the shoot because they can't afford to book it if I flaked. This does make sense.

But I have always been warned of being forced to pay to work. You never pay to work!!!

So the question is: Are they legit? And here is what I have to do to find out: 1. Can I get a comp card done by someone else? 2. If no, Can I just pay the $300 up front and can they take the rest out of my first job? If they will do either, I accept them as a legitamet agency, if no I think I will have to walk away.

***

I leave for minneapolis on Monday should be fun. Feels a little surreal to be going....but I am. I'll be in Phoenix for the 4th.
|
This entry was posted on 10:27 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: