INAPPROPRIATE!
9:55 PM | Author: NJoy
I am throwing down the flag on this one!

So my Manager is very flirty. I can handle that... I can excuse that. Even though he's Married with Children. Flirty is not something I normally consider a dangerous quality. I'm flirty and I'm not going to get all puffed up and righteous over any silly little thing, like "you're cute as hell".

Anything beyond that however, is a different story.

I'm working in Sierra Vista for the next week. Starting tomorrow. We are driving out super early in the morning. So I asked my Manager when he was expecting to be there. And he told me tonight that he is leaving at 5am. So I text "Do you want me to meet you at your house? Or Can I leave from mine?" He replied: "Well if you climb into bed with me, mine"

So then I didn't know what to do.

I mean it is a little funny, in a sad way. I'm not threatend, although it does make me feel awkward. I did just learn that he has had an affair with one other girl in the company and really came-on to someone else I work with.

So what should I say?
"That's inappropriate."
"You're bed is too crowded."
"You're married."
"I'll see you at the base."

All these seem good options but I didn't take any of them. I just turned my phone off. That way I can claim tomorrow that the battery died and I didn't see the text. ...And perhaps say that I never recieved it...

This is dissapointing. I want to do well in the company and earn recognition...but not because my boss thinks I'm cute/f***able, (which I am not!!!)
|
This entry was posted on 9:55 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On October 14, 2008 at 6:31 PM , Kate and Clark said...

Nay, you are cute AND f***able but that is super creepy. ew. If anything else happens let me know. I'll lay the smackdown!

 
On October 14, 2008 at 8:46 PM , NJoy said...

Thanks Kate.

I wanted to add what I learned today. In the off chance that someone reading this finds or has found there own sweet self in a similar situation.

If the company has 25 Employees or more, they already have a policy on this. If less then you may be SOL. In either situation: the best course of action is to on the first occurance say "no" as frankly as possible then put it behind you and continue on professionally. But, if advances continue then you have to report it as Sexual Harassment.

I like it. It's makes me feel like I cannot be construed as the bad guy, or as warranting the advances.

 
On October 15, 2008 at 7:06 PM , Kate and Clark said...

yeah I got sexually harassed by a dude I worked with once and he got fired. But by the boss.....thats another story. I love you.

 
On November 3, 2008 at 10:25 PM , NJoy said...

Love you too.
NEW UPDATE:
Apparently, that is his humor and should not be taken seriousely at all...